In most cases, the primary objective of a company sale is to maximise the achieved price. But there are many other aspects to consider. And, importantly, planning well in advance of a sale will improve your prospects for achieving a good outcome.
Imperium are experienced in advising on company sales and can guide you through this critical event. Our role can be flexible, based on your objectives, but would usually include:
- Pre-sale planning and preparation of the company to be sold
- Identification and appraisal of suitable, strategic acquirers
- Preparation of marketing documents to issue to short-listed potential acquirers
- Approach to potential acquirers and securing of confidentiality undertakings
- Negotiation and project management through all phases of the sale process, including critical legal documentation (in conjunction with our client’s legal advisers)
Imperium will seek to maximise competitive tension between competing potential buyers, in order to achieve the best possible outcome.